Philippine British Assurance Company, Inc. (PBAC) is committed to protect and secure the privacy of your information in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, Memorandum Circulars and the rules and regulations issued by the National Privacy Commission.
In line with this commitment, we set out this Privacy Notice that defines how we process your personal information, including the collection and use of your personal and sensitive personal information, which are voluntarily supplied by you or as may be received by us during your engagement with PBAC.
- What are the personal and sensitive personal information we collect?
- We collect and process your personal information and sensitive personal information necessary for us to process any transaction related to your employment and engagement with PBAC.
- Use and Purpose of Processing Your Personal Information.
- Your Personal and Sensitive Personal Information is processed for the purpose of your business engagement with PBAC. To process your commissions and allowances related to the sale of our insurance policies.
- Your personal and sensitive personal information are collected and stored together with your profile for our Agent’s Portal. This is to provide a personalization of your settings, configurations, attributes, and profile in the Agent’s Portal.
We may share your personal and sensitive personal information within PBAC or any of our affiliates. We may also share your personal information with third parties including but not limited to suppliers, subcontractors, and third-party service providers for the performance of any outsourcing and service contracts PBAC enter into.
- Access and Storage of your Personal Information
- We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal and sensitive personal information are treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. All information you provide to us are stored on a secured location with adequate safeguards in accordance with the National Privacy Commission requirements.
- We will restrict access of your personal information to our employees, affiliates and 3rd party service providers who have a business need for knowing such information.
- We will maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal and sensitive personal information from any unauthorized access.
- We will not provide any or all your personal information data to a third party where such use of personal information is not required for the purpose of providing our Services.
- We will provide regular data backup to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information.
We shall retain your personal and sensitive personal information until it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose/s for which it was obtained and for an additional period of ten (10) years thereafter.
- Rights of Data Subject
Pursuant to the Data Privacy Act, we respect and uphold your rights in relation to the collected personal and sensitive personal information. For a detailed information about such rights, you may refer to the National Privacy Commission’s webpage at https://privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights/.
- How to Contact Us
Address: Morning Star Center Bldg., Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue Ext., Makati City, Philippines 1200
Last Update: 12 April 2023